Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's come to this.

I was making scrambled eggs this morning, but there weren't enough eggs so I added water. (Would've opted for milk, but that had expired.) It didn't taste very good, so I dumped on a pile of salt. It was then that I looked at my pile of water/eggs with salt on top and drew the self-pitying parallel between myself and a peasant. I don't really know how the peasants of yore ate, but I decided it probably involved lots of water and salt. And maybe eggs because they had so many chickens.

(Plus, the mushrooms and bell peppers I sauteed caught on fire, and I bet the peasants faced serious sautéing problems.)

Alms...checks...credit cards...

2 Comments:

Blogger Speedhouse said...

Maybe you shouldn't cook alone...

July 27, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger LuckyRedHen said...

Hope you don't mind me dropping a comment here... I laughed out loud at your eggs/water/salt concoction because it sounds a lot like what I would do given the situation. I'm not a food critic, like yourself, but I love good food and cannot seem to make it work in my kitchen (your sauteed mushrooms and peppers...me too). Alas, I shall eat others creations --- and I'm fine with that ;o)

August 08, 2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home