Friday, September 01, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME/WE

So yesterday was my three-year anniversay with said-boyfriend. Big day. Big number. Go us! Florian had instructed me to meet him at 5:15 p.m. outside his office. (Much like I had instructed him to plan a surprise. ) I was told to dress warmly and wear comfy shoes. Something with nature, I suspected. And with food, I hoped.

I really love surprises. Or maybe it's more that I love anticipating them. So of course, when we get into the taxi and Florian has to tell the driver where to take us, I jam my fingers in my ears and start humming and then Florian has to yell so that I can hear, "Okay! I'm done! We're done talking! Take your fingers out of your hears! Mali?!?" I feel bad that he's dating an eight year-old but there's not much anyone can do about it. So we then arrived at Pier 39 and I learn that we're going to take a 'Sunset Cruise.' I don't know how fun I am to surprise because I promptly asked "Are we going to be alone!?!?" ("Uh, I don't think so") and "Is there gonna be dinner??" ("Uh, no.")

Of course, the boat ride was completely lovely. There we were, snuggled together, Florian and I, headed off into the sunset, under the Golden Gate and then back around Alcatraz. Great jaunt. My favorite part was probably when the "Captain" put out some bread and cheese, and I put up a good fight to consume these snacks despite all the bouncing around and getting sprayed with water. (I was a sight to behold. Really. At one point my sunglasses felt into the spinach dip and I picked them up only after cramming another piece of bread into my mouth. I think that act alone brings shame upon my family.)

Anyways, really great day. Really great boyfriend. Happy Anniversary loverboy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly, relish all your surprises - and cheers to both the surprisee and the surprisor! You go, Florian!

September 15, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home