Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thanks Google...I guess...

So this 'Sitemeter' thing I keep referencing is really fantastic. I spend most of my day pouring through its graphs, trying to understand what the x- and y- axis are and what they indicate about my value as a person.

One piece of information Sitemeter can tell you is when a person's been directed to your site from a different one. Which means that any time an individual finds you in a Google search and clicks through, you're shown what they searched for.

I present you now with the sometimes obvious, sometimes laughable, sometimes sketchy list of terms that have, apparently, led the rest of the world to TrippingOnMyCouch:

"Amalia McGibbon"
"Amalia McGibbon" restaurant
"Amalia McGibbon" magazine
"Mari Kryder"
"Josie McGibbon"
"Lana Sanchez"
"lez talk"
"dramatic music dun dun dun dun"
"fafi"
"riding horses"
"zzzzzzz"
"baldness"
"burden of blood"

...and my favorite: "tests on cats."

Interesting, ain't it? I've used these phrases in such random contexts, and can only assume the people searching for information on blood burden/cat-testing/baldness/etc. did not find what they were looking for at my little blog here.

I suppose that makes me a disappointment.

I hate Sitemeter.

5 Comments:

Blogger chloeee said...

you're the cutest little button in the world...and by button i mean sister...and by little i mean older.

August 23, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Homeperm said...

i can spend hours looking at sitemeter too. i love the weekly graphs you get by email. i LOVE them. and the search terms they use. my favourite so far was when someone found my blog using the term naked chicks wrestling. they would have been SERIOUSLY disappointed.

August 24, 2006 4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "lez talk" was me, ok? Just kidding! You're funny.

August 24, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

dramatic music dun dun dun dun.

I don't understand how more than one person (now at least three) have typed this phrase in its entirety.

August 26, 2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

i went to flickr and it didn't seem anything about you. i dont get it.

finally: WHAT ABOUT

hamburger ghetto clips???

August 26, 2006 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home