Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Burden of Blood

So I recently signed up for this SiteMeter thingy ("thingy" being the technical term) which lets me see when people are looking at my blog, how long they're looking at it, which parts they're looking at, etc, etc. An excellent use of my time, really, because it compels me to ask important questions like "Why didn't viewer #6 look at post #10?????" and "Who's been reading my blog for 48 minutes???" (The answer was me.)

However, what began as a pleasant distraction has evolved into a disturbing evaluation of my popularity. For example, my "numbers" were a bit low last Friday. As of noon, approximately three people had checked my blog. Quite uninspiring. "How could this be," I wondered. And then it hit me: my entire extended family was on the 101 driving up north for my sister's graduation. Which seemed to indicate that all the "dozens of people" flocking to my site each day were none other than my nuclear family refreshing the blog at 20 minute-intervals. Which is perhaps the tech-age equivalent of your mother telling you you're pretty and that "the boys just don't know what they're missing."

But rather than lament my newfound unpopularity, I've decided to work with what the blog-gods gave me. I've since forwarded this site to grandparents, aunts, uncles, step-sisters, cousins once-removed, et al. If my hilarious posts can't woo an audience, then perhaps familial guilt will. Right Fafi? (Note that Fafi is the figure on the left holding yours truly as a mere babe.) I'm so cute it almost makes you want to comment, huh?

6 Comments:

Blogger Amalia said...

"free." sure. i've been tricked by you before...

and i happen to think posting baby pics is a perfectly legit approach to blog promotion. are you saying i wasn't cute?

June 20, 2006 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josie's real cute! Who's the lady with her?

June 21, 2006 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that both you AND fafi are adorable!

June 26, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

i love this photo

June 27, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Claire and Lara said...

i want to promote my blog for free, too, flo

June 27, 2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

July 20, 2006 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home